Recently I was exposed to the 1000 pugs project, and let me just say that if she were coming ANYWHERE near me, I'd sign up my puppies in a heartbeat. As it is, today I attempted to take a few pictures of my own. OH MY WORD. I think I need to learn how to diplomatically deploy treats. Because right now? This is the best I can do. And she's adorable, but that's one out of 40 or so. Here's hoping I'm better at baby photography...
Well, I've seen a *few* cool things this week.
- organizing the spice cabinet! NEED THIS.
- Dope zebra. You will laugh. I promise.
- awesome wrapping paper.
- I know I've said this a bunch, but I really think I've found my diaper bag. Yellow, right?
- have I mentioned the awesomeness that is tastespotting? I can't remember. It's awesome.
- giant heart balloons. I love this so much.
- also: baby essentials. I'm pretty sure I don't want about half of these. At least.
- SUPER interesting read on a gender-neutral classroom
- also: what it's like to live at an artist's colony
Can't seem to focus this week...too much up in the air, yet to be done...
You know, because I've actually had a bit of time in front of the computer lately.
- Um, yummy. Also: it's not too late for pumpkin puddings. I'm just saying. WINTER HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN.
- in case you were wondering if that link was so last year: is it old?
- one of everything on this page, please. Especially the pig-shaped paperclips.
- This looks yummy, but not quite right. Can't imagine pouring gravy on grits dressing. I'm just saying.
- Need to see if this homemade body scrub helps my winter eczema...
- Willie Nelson + Coldplay. Is good, I promise.
- this skirt is so pretttttty!
- How addictive is this....graphy thing. (Answer: VERY.)
- These vintage wedding dresses make me SO VERY HAPPY.
- I kind of adore this editorial.
- 101 things to do in NYC in the winter.
- read this: inspiration vs. imitation.
- 10 ways to sparkle more this year.
- Also, a little late but: what he learned from his resolution to work out EVERY DAY in 2011.
- also late but still helpful: delicious-looking brownie mix gift idea.
- And if you're not yet disillusioned about Steve Jobs: in his own words.
Well...that should keep you going for a bit, right?
OH DEAR SWEET BABY JESUS I'M HUGE. I don't know if it's just the angle at which my husband took this photo, but now I'm terribly concerned. Even though at this point I've only gained about 20 pounds.
I know, I know. I'm having a baby in eight weeks. (side note: eight weeks??!!!???? ::brain esplosion::) BUT STILL.
In other news: aren't the boots fab? Christmas gift. Should have made le husband take a closeup...
I know. I'm a bit behind. You know what? I'm ok with that. Other things I'm ok with that I didn't use to be: wearing comfy pants, minimal makeup, the color purple. So, see? Progress. Ok, goals.
- Read 50 books. Only made it to 44.
- Run a 5k with a sub-25 minute time. (post-baby!) HAHAHAHAH. I have only run once since he was born.
- Shoot 8 weddings. Shot 6.
- Attend wedding in Costa Rica. (Please note I said attend. Woo!) DONE!
- Do two band shoots. Did none.
- Re-cover all throw pillows in my house. Not done at all.
- Get back into pre-baby jeans. 5 days post-baby. Yay!
- BOOK at least two boudoir shoots. (As opposed to doing for free.) Not one.
- Get back on twitter. Done!
- Take off one day per week. Got closer to doing this.
- Make homemade jam. Did it!
- Send Christmas cards. Did it!
You know what? That's it. Right now there are so many variables in my life I can't even plan goals accordingly, but I'm ok with that. I'm learning to get better with uncertainty, I think.
For reference, here are previous goal lists:
Ciao for now. Dream big this year, people.
Oh, right. Did I forget to mention the part where we got a pug puppy? Because, you know, we don't have enough to do. Actually, her name is Bernadette and we love her to pieces. Snorty has come around, and is teaching what it means to be a good pug.
Wow. Since I've started blogging my yearly goals I don't think I've had this low of a success rate. I didn't take off one day a week; instead I added another job. Didn't walk a three-day (signed up, but didn't have time to do the fundraising), didn't lead help-portrait (started planning, but didn't have time and had to step aside), didn't cook dinner once a week. Wow, you guys. I guess priority number one for 2012 is just to manage my time better. I guess technically I developed a schedule, in that I now wake up at 4:00 5 mornings a week. On the flip side, I did a bunch of stuff this year that I'm really proud of that wasn't on the list.
- ran a 5k. Time sucked, but I ran it. :D
- shot 12 weddings, including second shooting a couple with some amazing photographers.
- did a bunch of family sessions. Decided that's NOT where I want to build my business.
- helped to plan the "big" family reunion. (150 people!)
- learned to say no.
- was in the best shape of my life before I discovered I was pregnant in July. (July 6, to be precise.)
- started working at a newspaper doing design and layout.
- got another pug.
My goals post should be here soon; I'm still pondering. And yes, I do want to get back to blogging here now that my schedule has slowed down a little. (For a bit!)